After an exhausting day teaching excitable year 1 students that all liked to dobb on their mates and eat crayons (boy, did I earn my dollars today), I was totally surprised to find this little gem in my inbox. This is quite possibly the most exciting award I have ever received, apart from any with a monetary reward – those ones are pretty cool. This one is exciting because it is in recognition of doing something that I love.
So, there are some rules that go along with being a recipient of this award, and having the honour of passing it along to other worthy peeps.
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 15 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
So here we go.
1. Thank you to the lovely and happily single, s1ngal for this awesome nomination. You totally rocked my day girl! You really did make me do a girly squeal and giggle. As a fellow noobie blogger like myself, I think it is great that s1ngal has received this award and am thankful for her passing it along to me. Let us noooooobs unite!
2. I have added the One Lovely Blog Award in my side bar and am proud to show it off 🙂
3. Share 7 things about myself? Where do I start?
- I love Pina Coladas. Seriously. After guzzling about a million $1.50 Pina Coladas in Cambodia, I have been on a never ending quest to find the perfect Pina Colada. So far none have come close to those in Cambodia. Perhaps something to do with the heavy handedness of the bartenders?
- I wear crocs. I know what you are thinking, but your wrong. I’m not a complete dickhead, I don’t wear those fucking ugly ones, I wear the cool ones that look like normal shoes and I feel like I am walking on air. I became a convert when I bought some strappy sandal type ones before going on a 1 month holiday to Thailand and Cambodia. I trekked around in those puppies every day and not once did I get sore feet. Sometimes your feet get sweaty though which can be kinda gross.
- I actually LIKE Facebook’s timeline. Gasp!
- I wore white on my wedding day, but was far from innocent.
- I can’t miss an episode of Home and Away. Oh my gawd, can you believe what Ruby has done? I hope Dex doesn’t die! Who do you think is going to be murdered this week?? Oh the suspense.
- I went to two high schools. I was ‘asked to leave’ (aka expelled) the first one in year 9 for getting drunk at the school dance. Then, at my second high school, I was told I would have to repeat year 11 if I didn’t pull my finger out and actually do some work. I decided to drop out and go work in a night club. Yay me. Turns out I became the first person in my family to go to, and graduate from university. Who’da thunk it?
- I love being a mum more than any job I’ve ever done. I feel like I was born for this role.
4. I am too new to this game to have 15 peeps to pass this on to. I will do my best. My nominations for the Lovely Blog Award are…… Drumroll……..
- My Imperfect Utopia
- Writing for Daisies
- Mum in the Muddle
- Girl on the Contrary
- Ruminations on Love and Lunchmeat
- Hilariously Ever After
5. Set of rules – included.
6. Inform my nominees, will do momentarily.
So there you have it peeps, you are now friends with a mildly famous blogger. I will accept gifts and I will be signing autographs. I am wondering if this award should go into my resume alongside my Awards for Academic Excellence?