It is always lovely to be nominated for a blog award. Everyone loves a little recognition that what they are doing is appreciated, and I am no different. I feel good when people say they enjoy reading my little blog, so thank you very much Tarah from Starting over as Ms, your nomination is accepted most graciously.
I remember learning German in high school, and I also remember dating a German clown (yes, I really dated a clown from a circus), so I know that ich liebe dich translates to I love you. Similarly, liebster means beloved or dearest and I am going to take that meaning and run with it. My blog is the dearest. Thank you.
The rules for a Liebster award are simple. You give a link back to the person who nominated you, then answer the questions that they have left for you, you write 11 random facts about yourself and then nominate up to 11 worthy bloggers to receive the award and ask them 11 questions, and then contact them to tell them the good news. Simples. (compare the meercats)
Here are my questions left from Tarah:
- What was your favourite place to go to when you were a child?
Probably the beach. And my Nana’s house, we didn’t get to go all that often but I remember her place was a treasure trove to explore. In adulthood, I realise that Nana was a hoarder, but that is beside the point.
- Favourite ice cream?
Too many to choose from but if I had to pick one, it would be chocolate and peanut butter. Nom nom nom…
- Why did you start blogging?
Easy – to become famous.
- Who inspires you most?
My husband and children.
- What is your favourite blog post you have ever written?
Again, hard to choose as they are ALL UNICORN AWESOME, but if I had to choose my favourites they would be Boobs are Magical, Why leaving the house can be like a marathon event and Mother’s Milk
- If you can be a super hero, which one would you be?
I am already a super hero, I am a mum.
- Book or Kindle?
- Jeans or Yoga pants when you are home?
Well, I am not really cool enough to have actually yoga pants, I just have target leggings and ahh bras.
- Your dream vacation?
NYC. I think I could spend a whole week exploring Central Park.
- Pinterest or Facebook?
- If you had to have one ringtone for the rest of your life, what song would you choose?
Time After Time by Chet Baker – my wedding song.
11 Random Facts About Yours Truly
- I don’t shave. I wax, and I probably let myself get a little too Amazon lady hairy between waxes.
- My computer desk/work station is a huge mess at almost all times.
- I like cake.
- My family is my universe.
- I am very particular about how I like to hang the washing. I don’t match pegs or anything crack pot crazy like that (anymore) but it has to be done a certain way. Sometimes D helps hang the washing and I just about kills me to see the way he hangs some things but I have learned to appreciate his help and walk away. Until he is not looking, then I duck back outside and rehang them.
- I hate having my photo taken from my right. I have a good side and a bad side and will avoid pictures taken of ‘the ugly side’ at all costs.
- I am a coffee snob. This comes from years of making coffee for a living. If I don’t know for a 100000% that it will be made to perfection, I’ll opt for water, or instant. I would prefer instant to a bad cappuccino any day.
- Walking and swimming help me stay sane.
- I get pretty agitated when it is super hot or I am hungry. Watch out if I’m hungry AND hot!
- I really don’t like The Offspring. The band, not the show. I LOVE the show, but hate the band.
- I kill plants. But I am trying really really really hard to keep our passionfruit vine alive.
Here are my lovely very deserving Liebster Award nominees:
- The Witching Hour and Full Moon Crazies
- Natural Parenting
- The Natural Momma in Me
- Baby and Me – Ready To Mum
- Biscuits n’ Crazy
- Mama Gets Real
- I Raise My Kids
- Mom in the Muddle
- Josie, Mom and Dad plus Triplets Make 6!
- Two Punks, a Princess and Me
- Housewife Hacked
Now for 11 awesome questions for my nominees:
- Tea or coffee?
- Cats or dogs?
- Do you have any weird idiosyncrasies?
- What is your favourite quote?
- Who has been a great influence on your life?
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favourite post?
- What is your ideal way to spend a lazy Sunday?
- Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
- Your life is going to become a script for a movie. Who would you want to play you?
- Confess something juicy.